Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm Pregnant!


On Saturday night after Brad and I went to the Elder's Quorum social we rushed to Safford to buy a pregnancy test. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our area Safford is our nearest town and it is 40 miles away. We go to Safford almost every week because they have a Walmart and restaurants to eat at. Brad wanted to go to Safford because he did not want to run into anyone that we knew at our local grocery store.

We were really nervous we had really only have been trying to get pregnant for about a month and a half and thought I might be harder for us to get pregnant because of a medical condition. On our way home from the store I started cramping which for me is a typical sign that I am going to start my period. I was really disappointed because I really thought I was pregnant and had gotten hopes. I told Brad that I was cramping and didn't think I was pregnant. That night I had a dream that I did find out that I was pregnant and when I called my mom to tell her I was expecting she was at my grandparents house.

Well the next morning Brad was preparing for his Sunday School lesson in our study and after having that dream I hurried to check to see if I had started. I still hadn't started so I immediately took the pregnancy test and slowly a positive sign turned pink on the test. I couldn't believe it. I just sat in the bathroom for a while trying to absorb it all in. I finally got up and slowly walked to the study with the test in my hand. I raised it up to show Brad I couldn't even say anything. Brad was confused at first and then his eyes opened real wide and his mouth dropped to the floor. He got up and gave me a huge hug and we just stayed there hugging and crying (well I was at least) each not knowing what to say, but the moment couldn't last too long or else we would be late for church. During sacrament I don't think I paid any attention at all to what the speakers where saying I was still in a daze from this morning.

Brad and I had debated whether or not to tell our families then or to wait. I don't have the patience like Brad does I was so excited I wanted to tell everyone! So Brad finally caved in and said we could tell our family but it was to early to tell friends. I hurried and called my mom on her cell phone since no one answered the home phone. Sure enough she was over at my grandparents playing Bingo with the family. I told her Congratulations and being extremely puzzled she asked why and I told her that she was going to be a Grandma. Well her response was really not what I expected. She didn't believe me! She told my family what I said and my sisters immediately got on the phone (for some background information every time I am on the phone with my sisters since I have been married they always ask me if I am pregnant). Marilyn made me swear on our sisterhood that I wasn't lying. Even then they still really didn't believe me. It took them a while to finally come around. Brad's family had more of the reaction that I had wanted Kae started crying and Brent raised his arms and yelled "Yes!". I'm sure my family will come around.

No comments: