Brad and I went to Mesa this weekend for a quick trip. We went to our ward temple trip, stopped at Cosco, and did some shopping for maternity pants, which I desperately needed. We spent all Saturday going from store to store and by the end of the day I was exhausted. On our way out of town we stopped at Cafe Rio in Gilbert. I don't know if it was because I was really tired and just wanted to get home or if it was because I was too busy concentrating on finding a lid for my leftovers, but whatever the reason I left my purse.
I didn't even realize it was gone until we came home at 10:30 p.m. and were emptying out our car and I couldn't find it. My heart sank. Its the worst feeling ever! I have everything in my purse and I did not want to cancel our credit card, get a new phone, and get a new drivers license. I hurried and called the restaurant to make sure it was there. Sure enough it was. Brad said I got really lucky because Gilbert is heavily LDS populated. If I would have left my purse in downtown Phoenix I might not have been so lucky.
Since we live 3 1/2 hours away from Mesa/Gilbert there was absolutely no way we were going to turn around to go get my purse. I've never left my purse anywhere before and of course I had to leave it in a place that was so far from home. I didn't know how long I could live without my purse. However I got so lucky! My really good friends/boss was in Phoenix for the weekend to see ASU play Georgia and they were so kind to stop by Cafe Rio and pick up my purse. So I only had to live one day without it and I'm never going to do that again.
1 comment:
That IS a terrible feeling. I loose stuff all the time so I get to feel that often :) It makes me smile that you stopped at Cafe Rio. That's one of our favorites too. I'm so glad everything worked out.
Post a Comment