Monday, January 19, 2009

Where oh Where has my Body Gone?

So these past two weeks I have definitely not been feeling the "Joys" of pregnancy.  I have to admit pregnancy was not what I was expecting.  I really didn't know what to expect to be honest.  I thought that when the baby moved that it would be the most beautiful feeling and in all reality it hurts when he moves.  He is either in my ribs or he just makes it impossible to be comfortable while sitting.  Plus he is the most active when I'm trying to fall asleep.  Also now that I'm bigger I have a hard time getting out of bed which is bad when you have to go to the bathroom a few times each night.  It's even hard to roll over from one side to the next.

This post is not to say that I hate being pregnant its just along with the joys that pregnancy brings it also brings with it the bad, and today I feel like focusing on the bad.  I've had a horrible back ache that has lasted 2 weeks.  I'm already having contractions and I no longer have a cute belly button.  I'm back to being exhausted, which everyone has been telling me is just going to get worse once he gets here, but at the present its still hard to deal with.

On a more positive note last week at my pre-natal class we took a tour of the OB department in the hospital.  It looks really nice and got us excited for the upcoming day and eased our minds (just a little).  We also went to Tucson on Saturday to do the last minute baby shopping to get all the little things we still needed.  I can't believe he is coming in just 7 weeks.  Time sure has snuck up on us, but I have a feeling these next few weeks are going to drag on.

8 comments:

Kalynne said...

Don't worry, the next few weeks will FLY by! I am down to 2 weeks and still feel like I have sooo much to do! I feel your pain with all the difficulties 3rd Tri brings-getting out of bed is the worst...right next to putting on shoes and socks! I am very happy that it has been sunny this past week so I could bring out my flip flops again even though there is still snow everywhere! Hang in there though---you're getting so close!

Heather said...

The more close friends and family that have babies, the more I realize that women are AMAZING. Pregnancy definitely doesn't seem as glamorous as we all thought it was as children. GOOD LUCK! I'm sure it will all be worth it!

Our Family said...

Emily- I'm here to give you a little hope. Don't let people tell you that you will be even more tired after the baby comes. Or allow people to say, "enjoy your sleep while you can before the baby comes!" I HATED when people made comments like this. Yes, getting up with a baby is tiring, but not nearly as tiring as "sleeping" with a huge pregnant belly. Those final weeks of pregnancy are awful and very painful. I'm still getting up every 3 hours to feed Aliza and have been for the past 8 weeks. But I would take it any day over the pregnancy sleep. Because at least when you're sleeping, you're sleeping and comfortable. Unlike the constant pain from pregnancy. So hang in there...it does get better.

Rachel said...

Emily- what did you expect? It's not as though the little guy has a luxury suite to stretch out in... hahaha I'm sorry for your pain, but you're definately a cute pregnant girl!

Bella Announcements said...

I can't believe that you are so close! I'm sure you wish you had a bit more room for him (an you), but you will get to hold him so soon-I'm jealous! :) Hope you get feeling better!

Andy and Michelle said...

Hey Emily, I am so sorry you are hurting. I know how you feel. You are going to love it. I am not going to lie the first two weeks were hell but it is a ton better. I am so sorry I did not make it to your shower at the clark's. I felt bad but Noah and I were struggling that night. I think I had a melt down. You will understand in a few weeks. I have a present for you I just need your address again. Maybe text it to me so you don't put it on this. :)

Kimberly said...

I still think you're cute. But I understand from experience that you will probably no agree with me. PS I'm inviting myself to your baby shower.

Mindy said...

Hey Emily. Hang in there! I'm so sorry you're uncomfortable. I have some advice - just cry! It feels so good. I'm totally cheering you on. All of this sacrifice and total discomfort will bring so many blessings that Heavenly Father is waiting to abundantly shower down upon you. He is so thankful to you for your willingness to bring a precious soul into this life. It will end very soon and before you know it you'll be sleeping like a baby! I'm here if you need a shoulder to cry on. Also, I love the nurses in Safford! They are so good - I'm sure you'll get great treatment.