Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Pre-Wedding Activities

So for the past three weeks I have been in Utah for my sisters wedding. I came up early because Brad was going to be on a business trip anyway for a whole week and I thought I might as well spend the time with family rather then by myself in sweltering Arizona.

One of the first things I did when I got into Utah was to see my sister-in law Andrea's dance recital. I haven't seen her dance in a long time and she was just absolutely beautiful.


My uncle and aunt took us Murphy kids to the Olive Garden where we got our fancy drinks and gave a toast to my brother on a mission.

I just had to include this picture, because I think it is absolutely hilarious.

The Hoogle Zoo! I haven't been there in AGES and it was so fun!


I tried to get the classic picture with arms spread wide, but my one year old didn't quite understand, so this is the best picture I got.


Baby Zuri is definitely the star attraction at the zoo. She is so cute!

Carson couldn't keep his eyes off of her!When Brad finally got into town we went to Boondocks and raced go-carts.
(Brad is the blue car and my brother is in Orange, Brad also made my brother spin out)



We played Arcade games, and I took this darling video of Carson.



Another fun thing we were able to do was to go on a white water rafting trip down the Weber River. It was a gorgeous trip through Weber Canyon (by devils slide) and we were able to see a lot of wild life, but it was FREEZING! I think the water temperature was below freezing. We were all shivering the entire time.

Brad offered my 16 year old brother $10 to jump in the river. Of course being a teenager and willing to do anything for money my brother jumped in. I was laughing so hard. Hours after we got him out of the river his lips were still purple.

Here we are after the trip about to enjoy a nice warm meal (can you see my brothers lips are still purple)
Just a cute picture of my two boys.


I took over 300 pictures on my trip so the wedding festivities blog will fellow in a day or two.

2 comments:

Swain Family said...

Holy cow that looks like a lot of fun!!! :) I'm glad you guys had a good time! And I'm impressed that you took so many pictures! haha. Can't wait to see wedding stuff! Yeah!

Jay and Emily said...

I love the last picture of Brad and Carson playing together. I can't believe your brother jumped in the river! I wouldn't do it for 100!!! He is brave!