Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mt. Lemon

Tucson does have pine trees! If you go up high enough.

This past weekend we went to Mt. Lemon to get out of the heat and into the cool weather. Its 30 degrees cooler at the top and so it was a nice perfect 70 degrees. We enjoyed the nice scenic drive starting with Saguaro cacti and ending with pine trees and a ski resort. Yes, I did say a ski resort in Tucson. I think its only open for like a week during the winter time.

We had heard the pie at the top of Mt. Lemon was really good so we had to get a slice.
On the way down someone got a little car sick. He usually does so well in the car, but it was really winding. Poor guy.It was a beautiful drive and we enjoyed seeing some green again!

P.S. For those of you wondering I was able to get the crayon off my walls by using the incredible magic eraser. It was a miracle worker.

2 comments:

Halfphild said...

Good to hear about green in the Tucson area. Sounds like I need to make more trips up there to get outta this heat too!

Swain Family said...

We have talked about going up there a lot, we just haven't done it yet! It looks SO nice! The heat is killing me! :P

PS. I'm SO glad the magic erasers worked! I can't live without them! :)