Monday, February 17, 2014

Thoughts on Gender

Wow, 9 out of 13 people on the poll thinks I'm having a girl!  For a while there it was 100% girl and I was a little surprised not even 1 person thought I was having a boy, but then BAM the last few votes were all boy.  Girl vote still wins though.

When I first got pregnant with this pregnancy, I thought I was for sure having a girl.  I was so excited, because after 2 boys it would be fun to add some pink to the family.  Then around Christmas time I was starting to go crazy thinking about it and the thought came to me that it was another boy.

Now for the past couple of weeks I keep going back and forth on whether it is a boy or girl.

Boy: boys run in the family.  Have I mentioned that I was the first girl  born into the Murphy family in 185 years?  In both Brad and my families we tend to come in groups of three.  The Clarks have 3 boys and in mine its 3 girls and 3 boys.  I might just be meant to carry on the tradition.  Plus I know boys, he'd totally fit right in.

Girl: I don't know if its just a desire to dress up a little girl or what, but I still keep coming back to the thought of how fun a girl would be.  It would totally change the dynamic of our family, and thats kind of exciting. Even though this pregnancy has been very similar from the boys there have been some slight differences that fit with the old wives tell of having a girl.  My face feels like a teenager again and has broken out and I tear up easily.  I cried in the Lego movie.  Yes, I'm a little sensitive especially when those P&G commercials come on during the Olympics.  Gets me everytime.  I also have the Chinese Gender Calendar saying its a girl so that has to be right, right?

These are just my thoughts and ramblings.  Nothings official until its official right?  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 comment:

Bella Announcements said...

I am totally guessing a girl! :) You better text us and let us know!