Monday, June 23, 2014

38 Weeks

Just a couple weeks left! Had an ultrasound on Thursday.  I've never had one so late in pregnancy before, but apparently they wanted to make sure everything looks well, check on my amniotic fluid, and to make sure there are no unexpected surprises.  Right now he is currently weighing in at 6 lbs 9 oz. and looks perfectly healthy.


I'm doing really well, just exhausted.  I really can't believe I have less then two weeks left!  I know he can potentially come any minute, but I still feel like I have plenty of time left.  I was just telling Brad that when Carson came it was really a shock because I wasn't planning on him coming early.  In fact I thought I would go late, because everyone told me "you go late with your first!"  Then with Tanner I was so impatient thinking I'd go early again.  It made the days drag on and made the last few weeks seem like an eternity when he arrived on time.  This time around I feel very nonchalant, and whatever happens, happens.

Last week we pulled out all the baby clothes and got the room ready for his arrival.  Last minute I know, but we weren't in any hurry.

I did have an interesting conversation with a young, (inexperienced) salesman at the store.  Here's how it went down:
Him: So are you having twins?
me: a little shocked since no one has ever asked me that before "no just a couple weeks left"
Him: Seriously?  I don't believe it!  You look like you are having twins!  Well at least its a girl right? Please tell me your not having another boy.
me: getting slightly annoyed.  "nope, its another boy"
Him: "Oh G**! I'm SO glad I'm single!  I couldn't even imagine having kids!
Goes back to salesman mode.  Can I help you find anything?
me: death stare "no, I'm good, thanks"
This guy definitely new all the right things to say!  Don't know why he thought I'd want to give him my business after that!  Oh well.

Its just a few more days left until we get to hold our precious little one!

No comments: