He's learned not only book smarts, but life skills. He knows about self control and all sorts of manners. The other night as I was putting him to bed he told me that sometimes kids make fun of him at school, but he doesn't care. I wish I had that attitude.
Kindergarten was such a fun year and we are so thankful he had such a wonderful teacher. I hope he enjoys 1st grade as much as he did this year!
Last Day of School:
First Day:
Here's some pictures of him at school this year:
Carson's field trip to dewberry farm. I wasn't able to chaperone, but my friend and neighbor sent me these pictures. He had so much fun!
His cute class. Every Friday a mom could sign up to read to the class. I was able to do this quite a few times and loved it. The kids treat you like a superstar and Carson was always very proud to show me off to his friends. (Carson is on the front row just to the left of his teacher)
Mother Spa Day. Around Mothers Day the moms were able to come to school and the kids pampered us. Carson painted my fingernails, put on my eyeshadow, blush and lipstick. It was so cute and he did a pretty good job.
Carson's celebration of Learning Ceremony. It was fun having my mom in town to come with me to this. We never have family around to go to the kids celebrations or sports games and it was really nice having her there, especially since Brad was out of town. We were able to see a slideshow of his class during the school year, get a certificate from his teacher, and listen to some of the songs the kids had learned that year. It was darling.
His class made a treasure book about themselves and here is his teacher reading the page that Carson wrote about himself.
So proud of this kid and all he's accomplished!
End of year bus stop picture! (on average there are less than half this size at the stop each morning, I think the last day of school drew in the crowd) I must admit we never missed the bus once this year! Pretty proud of ourselves for that!
Carson with his bus driver Mr. Albert
and then this afternoon when the kids got off the bus the moms had water balloons and squirt guns ready for a water fight! It was a perfect way to kick off summer.
I'm so excited to have him all to myself this summer! Its going to be fun!












No comments:
Post a Comment