Monday, October 10, 2016

Waco

My best friend is moving (insert crying emoji).  I sure am going to miss having Sarah around it has been so fun having an old friend from high school nearby, and she's been with me through a lot.  I know they're doing whats best for their family, its just hard to say goodbye. Katy won't be the same without her!  So before she moves, we wanted to do a little girls trip and check Waco off her bucket list.  Waco, Texas has become quite popular in recent years due to a home improvement show called Fixer Upper, where a husband and wife team fix up houses in Waco.  She opened up a design store by the old Silos which draws lots of crowds, and we wanted to see what all the buzz was about.






Did you know that Waco is the home of Dr. Pepper?  I didn't either until we saw the museum a block away from the silos.  We thought we'd go check it out.








We got a Dr. Pepper float to at the end of our tour.  It was quite good!  

We then went to a boutique market where they have about 80 boutiques in one shopping area.  It was fun looking around and I got a couple fun things.

We also found this cool mural in the city.

To cap off our trip we stopped back at the silos to grab some famous goodies to take home.

We also saw that they had finished decorating for the party that was to be held that night and found out that it was for President George W. Bush!  Pretty cool. 


It was such a fun trip!  Lots of walking and shopping, although I really didn't come away with much, it was still fun looking and spending time with a friend.

No comments: