Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Peru: River Rafting

Chuquicahuana River

We were a little nervous about going down the river, because it had rained so much the day before, and the weather forecast was calling for more rain, but the company assured us they had wet suits and coats that we could wear to keep warm.  So we decided to still go and I'm glad we did because it never did rain and was actually a pretty sunny warm day.

The Chuquicahuana River is part of the Urubamba River in the Sacred Valley.  This was our first of 5 trips to the Sacred Valley.  Rafting down the river gave us beautiful views of the mountains!


I was not able to take any pictures actually river rafting, because cameras and water do not mix, but we did gopro it!  Brad made this awesome video of it.

Rafting the River was a blast!  It was a class III river and I was expecting it to be a quiet ride, but it actually had some really good rapids and gave us a good arm/ab workout!  At one point in the river they even made us get out and walk a bit because the water was too rough. I don't know if you could see in the video, but at one point one of the guides in the kayak flipped over and went down the rapids in just his life vest.  Reminded me of when that happened to me while rafting down the snake river.
After going down the river we got to go in a sauna to warm up.  Then they served us lunch. 



After lunch, we went zip lining! I didn't know this was included in our river rafting trip and I was so excited!  I love zip lining! 
Walking to our first stop.
saw these guys on the side of the road.







Here we go!



So fun!

and to top off our day back in Cusco we cleaned up and enjoyed a nice dinner.


No comments: