Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Tanner is 6!

Tanner turned 6!  My kindergarten boy is getting so big!  He's my little tease, my jokester, my boy who loves potty jokes.  Tanner has a love for life.  He's Mr. social.  Mr. full of endless energy.  The boy with a million funny faces.  My Tan man.  Sure do love him forever and ever!


On the boys birthday, it's a tradition that I bring them lunch from their favorite place and cupcakes for their class.  Since this is Tanner's first year in school, he was so excited for me to come.   Unfortunately, it was a Bad day to come.  They only allow 12 parents in the lunchroom at a time and on this particular day, they had parents teaching to the kindergarteners and first graders for a few hours.  So those parents got in first.  They told me I could only drop off the cupcakes (they are a stickler for the rules).  I was so sad! When I went into the cafeteria Tanner was so excited he ran and gave me a big hug.  When I told him I couldn't stay he burst into tears.  When a teacher asked what was wrong she said she would make room for me on the parent's table so I could eat with him.  Whew!  It almost ruined the day.


Tanner's birthday was on a Friday, and that day was supposed to be an early out day as well (we only get 6 early outs in a year) and I thought how perfect, he'll love the less school, plus we can do his party in the afternoon on his actual birthday!  Well, all early outs ended up getting canceled this year due to missing so much school from Hurricane Harvey.  Bummer.  But we still had his party after school on his birthday anyway.

 This year's theme: Pokemon! 
 When the kids first arrived they just had fun jumping on the trampoline.  We then had pizza.
 Then it was time to get the party started!  The kids created their own Pokemon.
 Tanners:
 Played catch the Charizard.  In which almost all the kids but two magically got it in the right spot. 😂



 Capture team Rocket (the bad guys).  Silly string is always a hit.  



  "gotta catch em all" scavenger hunt.  I stuck pictures of different Pokemon characters throughout the house.

 the kids had a Pokedex and crossed off all the Pokemon they found
 then it was find the Pokeball (like an Easter egg hunt) and the kids got their own Pokeball with a Pokemon character.  The boys were so excited!
 In their goodie bags, all the boys got Pokemon cards that they would trade with each other with.

 and for the finale, a pinata!  It's tradition.


 and it worked out perfect.  All the kids got to hit it and the last kid (Carson) broke it.  It's a favorite.




 I think Tanner unwrapped his presents in record time!


The party was a hit.  Then after all the kids left, to wrap up the night we watched the new Spiderman.  It was a great day!

No comments: