It was Tanner's first ever scout camp! With Brad out of town I was really debating on whether or not I wanted to do this by myself, but the boys were just dying to go, so I put on my big girl pants and I took the boys camping.
The campground was really nice. It was on someones ranch just a 30 minute drive from our house. We had a cold spell come in the day we got to the campsite. The sun was setting, the temperatures were in the 30's, and it was really windy, but I put up that dang tent almost all by myself! In the dark!
I didn't get much sleep that night because apparently we were by a train track and I heard trains all night long, that and the high winds made it difficult to get a restful sleep. But the next day the temperatures got back up to the low 70's, so it was a perfect day with lots of fun filled activities.
The boys going on a nature walk:
Playing tug of war:
leather working:
starting fires:
Our Cub scout master's father is like a Mountain Man. He taught the boys how to build the fires and then he branded the boys cub scout hats! Tanner got the pack number and the state of Texas on his hat.
Other activities not pictured were obstacle courses and sport games.
That night around the campfire the boys did their skits, sang songs, and got their bobcat awards.
So proud of my little scout!
That night We slept so much better! Probably due to exhaustion from lack of sleep the first night.
Beautiful morning.
Felt like a rockstar mom this weekend! Sure do love my boys!
























No comments:
Post a Comment