Saturday, August 01, 2020

Houston Broadway 2019-2020

 Our second year as season ticket holders to the Houston Broadway, unfortunately (as per 2020) got cut unexpectedly short. Even with the shorter season, Brad and I still got some amazing date nights to see some of our new favorite plays. It was a great season. 

The plays that got canceled due to the Corona Virus were: Fiddler on the Roof, Charlie and the Chocolate (Tanner and I were planning on going to go to this one since Carson and Brad went to Aladdin last year), and the one we were going to take the whole family to see; Hamilton 😭. Fortunately Hamilton with the original cast came out on Disney + so we were able to watch that as a family, but it still doesn’t make up for seeing it live.

So here’s the 2020 season: 

Cats actually would have started off our season, but that was when Brad was out of town for a whole month and I wasn't too excited to see it anyway so we just sold our tickets. 

Dear Evan Hansen was Amazing! I put it up there with Hamilton, it was that good. Plus we were able to see this on our wedding anniversary! Made for a perfect night.

Hello Dolly. A play that just reminds me of something Grandma Mickelson would have loved. Your typical 50’s play, not my favorite, but it wasn’t the worst thing either.

A Band’s Visit was a relatively small and unknown play, but the music was beautiful especially at the end. 

And to wrap up the season, Come From Away a play based on 9/11 and the flights that got grounded in a small Canadian community. It was a touching heartfelt play. I was looking forward to this one as it had played the season before in Utah and a lot of my friends said it was really good. It didn’t disappoint! 

Who knows what our next season will look like. Broadway is still dark and although all our plays got pushed to next year, there’s still no guarantee that they’ll be back. 😢 One can only hope 🙏Please I miss my date nights!

No comments: