Saturday, September 11, 2021

LOTOJA #2

Whelp he did it again! Didn’t take long after he recovered from last years ride that he knew he wanted to do it again. This year though he was able to convince his brother Rich and friend Corey to do it with him.
I’ve always wanted to go to support Brad, but with kids and school it was hard. Then last minute I was able/fortunate to get the boys to stay at friends houses for the weekend and I flew to Utah to be part of his support crew!
Here are the boys at the starting line!
Nothing compares to having your brother do it with you!
Kae and I as Brad’s support crew! Ready for lots of driving!
Driving up Logan canyon! Beautiful drizzly morning! Felt bad the boys had to ride their bikes in the rain.

Look at the view of Bear Lake! 😍

Met Brad at Montpellier for his first stop! He didn’t stay too long, got a bite to eat and then he was back on his bike! Fortunately it at least stopped raining!
On the road again!

Next up, Start Valley! This was a longer wait, but it felt good to be out of the car at least! I should have gotten a picture of all of us waiting, Kami and the kids were also there cheering on Rich! 
Taking a longer break this time. Brad wasn’t feeling too good at this point with his stomach issues and needed a little rest.

Then after Star Valley Thayne, Wyoming was our 3rd stop. After this Brad started feeling better, thank heavens! No picture at this stop, however Kae and I got some sushi from the grocery store and as we were racing to make it to Jackson (they make the crew/drivers take the long route to lesson the cars on the bike route.) so I literally spoon fed Kae her sushi with chopsticks as she was driving! I wish I had a picture, but as you can imagine it would have been quite difficult! It was hilarious!
 This portion of the drive was the absolute gorgeous part!!
Waiting for Brad’s at the finish line!! I felt like we barely made it! It was fun cheering Rich in, now we’re just waiting for Brad! Fortunately he wasn’t too far behind only had to wait 15 minutes.
He made it!! Plus he beat his time from last year by 30 minutes!!


I’m so incredibly proud of him I felt like my heart could burst! I may have even teared up as I gave him the biggest hug.


The support crew
The boys and their proud momma 



Waiting for their friend Corey.

 Poor Corey struggled a bit during his ride and kept cramping up. But he persevered and made it!


That night after the race was over we were blessed to be able to spend the night at my uncle Bob and aunt Jodi’s place. We had a celebratory dinner at the Teton Village with Rich and his family. And to cap it off the day, Brad and I soaked in Bob & Jodi’s hot tub with the thousands and thousands of stars to look at. I even saw a couple shooting stars! Nothing beats a Wyoming night sky! The hot tub with the beautiful night sky was so romantic, too bad Brad was asleep 😆 and rightly so he did just bike 200 miles!

It was so nice to be able to spend even just one night with these guys! Love them and so thankful for their hospitality! 
(Also isn’t their backyard amazing?!!!) 
wish I had that view ⛰ 


No comments: