After the holidays, January can be a long month. Luckily we had some fun activities to keep us busy.
First up: Six Flags! We took the boys over Christmas break. It’s a favorite of theirs. I love that my boys are thrill seekers and love the roller coasters! We got to 6 flags as soon as it opened and immediately went to 2 rides that normally have long lines. Soo glad we did because we didn’t have to wait, and shortly after the park got extremely busy.
Wonder Woman was a big hit with all of them, as well as the wooden rollercoaster. So fun!
Carson rode the Joker and even though he was nervous, he ended up loving it! Carson’s excited to go back to 6 flags this spring with his orchestra group!
Next up the elementary school international night. Canceled last year (like everything else) so it was fun to have this school activity back! Love our school and how diverse it is!
There was probably about 20 countries being represented that night and they all have yummy food to share! My favorite was Azerbaijan. Never even heard of that country before this night, but they had yummy grape leaves like my Aunt Sherry makes them, and baklava.
China:
Egypt:
Mexico:
Next up, the boys Taekwondo test! Logan broke his first board and was so excited! Moved up to orange belt! Tanner and Carson moved up to brown belt stripe and only have one more belt to go before they get their black belt!Carson and Tanner tried Sushi for the first time, and liked it! I love that they are getting older and trying/liking new foods!
Basketball season started for Logan and Tanner:
And I escaped for the weekend to meet up with my dear friend Sarah in San Antonio. Sarah and I went to high school together, and she lived here in Katy when we first moved here, but sadly moved away a few years ago to Arkansas. She was in San Antonio for her daughters gymnastics competition so I drove over and we had a little girls weekend! Where we talked, and talked, and stayed up way too late eating a pint of blue bell ice cream while we talked. I think somewhere in between all the talking we were able to squeeze in some shopping. It made for a perfect little girls weekend in San Antonio.I sure do miss having her close! But it was so fun to be able to catch up with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment