The April 8, 2024, solar eclipse was a highly anticipated event, with Waco and Austin experiencing totality while Katy, TX, sat just outside its path. I had considered making the three-hour drive with the kids to witness the eclipse in its full glory, but with the weather forecast predicting heavy cloud coverage, I wasn’t sure if the trip would be worth it. As the eclipse approached, the sky remained overcast, but for a brief moment, the clouds parted just enough for us to catch a glimpse, a fleeting but magical sight.
Unfortunately, the local schools, which had planned watch parties, decided to cancel due to the forecast, Logan came home from school completely devastated. he was looking forward to it so much. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the chance and driven to Waco with friends, as the clouds there weren’t as bad as predicted, and they were able to witness the total eclipse in all its breathtaking beauty. Big regret. Sometimes, once-in-a-lifetime experiences are worth the risk.



No comments:
Post a Comment