Monday, August 31, 2026

March Update

March is always such a fun month, and we had plenty going on this year!

One of my favorite times of the year at preschool is our petting zoo! The kids absolutely love getting up close with all the animals, and it’s always so much fun to see their excitement. Definitely one of those preschool days that I look forward to every year!


I also got to head to the Houston Rodeo with a friend and see Creed perform. This one was especially fun because Creed was actually the second concert I ever went to back in high school. I had their CD, and it actually got stuck in my CD player in my first car.  Never could get it removed and probably still remained there until my cars dying day. It brought back so many memories. I love that the Rodeo has the concert at the end of the rodeo, it makes for such a fun night!




Brad got a new car this month! He bought it through Carvana, which made the whole experience even more fun because we got to watch his car come down the “vending machine.” He loves his new BMW! It was definitely hard to let go of his old car after having it for so long, but it was time for an upgrade, and he’s pretty happy with the new one.

an adult kid with his candy machine coin!


I also did something impulsive and got a helix piercing. Probably a midlife crises decision, but it does look pretty. Even though its taking forever to heal.


Chandler came back into town and introduced his fiancé to the bike club, so it was fun getting everyone together again.


We also made it to an Astros game with the kids! It had been a long time since all of us had gone to a game together, but when the tickets are only $11 each, you really can’t pass that up! ⚾️




Last ortho checkup!  Just a followup after getting his braces off earlier this year.


And then there was my most unexpected March encounter a gator on my morning run! I haven’t seen an alligator in that pond since Tanner was little enough to be pushed in a stroller. This one was just hanging out and looked like it was about to eat an egret. I couldn’t watch, so I kept running! 😂 When I came back around, the egret was nowhere to be seen, I like to think the egret flew away...





I know a lot of people find March long and boring, but with 2 birthdays in our family, spring break, and a whole bunch of other activities, March always seems to fly by for us!  And we all know that as once spring break is over, the school year just seems to fly by! Before we know its summer!



 

No comments: