Monday, May 12, 2008

Boys and their Toys


Brad just loves his toys. 3 years ago for his birthday we bought him a GPS system perfect for our summer back east when Brad was still selling pest control. We have loved it. It has helped us out so many times. Then a couple weeks ago Brad took the GPS to Tennessee for his business trip and broke the car charger. So instead of buying a new charger for the car he buys a new GPS system. Ours was out dated anyway right? Its only 3 years old. Its amazing to me though how much cheaper and more high tech 3 years can make for technology. When we bought our first GPS system it was when they first came out so they were still really expensive and the "cheap" one we bought was still $400 bucks. The new one we got was $1,000 3 years ago and now its only $200. Thats how much technology changes. Plus it has a bunch more stuff on it then our old one.


Its just fun to see how Brad gets so excited over getting new toys. He spends days of research on it to make sure he buys just the right one. When our first one came in the mail I opened the box and he was so sad. He really wanted to open it so this time when it comes in the mail I'll wait till he comes home. Its like watching a little boy open a Christmas present. Its pretty cute.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Goes to show how on top of technology you are that you're on your 2nd GPS system...I've only seen one before so that shows how tech savy I am. I'm working on uploading pictures from Israel, sorry I haven't gotten to that yet!!! Looks like a blast with Jordan and Jenny! Totally jealous!

Kimberly said...

Hmmmm, $200 you say. Josh is always commenting on how much he would like one of those. Maybe I'll have to look into them.