Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Town

Everyone wants to know what its like to live in a company owned town. I mean you hardly ever hear of those anymore. My grandpa grew up in an old mining town in Utah and its now a ghost town. For those of you who don't know what it means to live in a company town. Everything is owned by the mine. Here are some of the perks of living in Morenci:
  • Our 3 bedroom house is only $200 a month for rent,
  • Our movie theater gets new releases and is only $4,
  • Free gym membership and a personal trainer if you so choose,
  • Our truck and gas paid by the company, and
  • Brad gets his Masters tuition paid for.
Its really not that bad of a place to live. We really love our ward and the people here are really friendly. You just have to get used to long drive to Tucson or Phoenix whenever we need to get out of town.

Mining towns are really rare so I thought everyone would like to see what our little town looks like.


2 comments:

Heather said...

It's so fun to see pics of your town! It looks like fun. I am looking at tiny one bedroom apartments to rent right now that are three times your rent!

Camille said...

I looked Morenci up on a map and finally know where you guys are! You were so great to come to our reception! What a drive it is to Tucson! I was in Tucson a couple weeks ago for a friends wedding and I debated calling...her wedding festivities were Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and my step mom's birthday was the same weekend, so I didn't tell anyone I was going because I knew I'd have no time to see anyone! But we've got to get down there (maybe Bryan will actually come too) and hang out with you guys!