Tuesday, March 02, 2010

1 Year Old

It doesn't seem real. It seems like I just wrote this and this. How can my little baby already be 1? These past couple days my mind kept going back to the day it all began. Our nervous excitement as we rushed to the hospital. The anticipation in the hospital as we got closer and closer to delivery, and finally holding him for the first time. I couldn't believe he was mine. This baby that had been growing inside me and could only image what he would be like the past 9 months was now physically here. It was such an overwhelming feeling, and instant love for this little guy.

Now 12 months later I look back and think of all the love and joy he has brought into our lives. Every little milestone he passed was (in our eyes) fascinating. He makes us laugh everyday. His budding personality keeps getting bigger and bigger. I could not imagine life without him. Happy Birthday Carson. We love you with all our heart.





6 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

I loved reading that post. The love that you can feel for your child is soooo amazing. I can't believe Carson is 1 already! Happy Birthday! I loved the story about the mission money ... one day he'll change his mind. :) We were talking the other day how we really want to make a trip down to AZ to see you and my sis. I know I keep saying that but hopefully sometime this year we can visit you!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to Carson! That is so exciting. Amazing how fast a year can go by.

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday Carson!!! It's a weird feeling huh? :) He really is so so cute.

Kylee said...

He is so darling! I can't believe he's a year either. WOW! Being a mom is the most amazing, rewarding thing ever. Happy Birthday Carson (especially from Maylen)!!

Andy and Michelle said...

He is so handsome! Happy birthday Carson!!!

Jordan and Jenny Singleton said...

Way to go, Carson! Hooray for turning a year old! I loved the jammies pics. Here's a high five from your chubby pal, Jude (who is now half a year)! Love you guys.