Monday, November 28, 2011

The Polar Express

Carson and his cousin Brooklyn were one of the lucky few children chosen to ride the Polar Express, and where nice enough to invite their parents and baby brothers to tag along for the ride. We boarded the train in Williams Arizona (by Flagstaff) and drove through the magic tunnel to get to the North Pole to see Santa. On our trip they served us hot chocolate and cookies, and they read the story of The Polar Express. Santa then came on the train to give all those who truly believe a bell. Carson and Tanner both got one, but sadly mom and dad did not (we must not be believers I guess). Then on our way back from the North Pole we sang Christmas carols.

Getting ready to go! Can't you tell they're excited?Watching the train come in

Meeting the conductor:


mmmmm cookies and hot chocolate!
seeing Santa arrive:
saying hi to Santa
There he is!

We Believe! Showing off our bells
As you all know Carson is a huge train fan, and last year around Christmas time we bought him the movie The Polar Express and he watched it almost everyday for months. So I knew he would love going on this train ride and bought the tickets clear back in February. Carson absolutely loved it! His face said it all and I may or may not have teared up once or twice because of it. We all had so much fun and it put us in the holiday spirit. I can't wait to go again next year!

2 comments:

Sarah Crooks said...

SO much fun! You are so good at getting out even with a new one. I can't believe Daniel gets home next week! Time goes SO fast!

Bella Announcements said...

Can you send me thw pic of santa and the sign of the polar express? failed to get pics of those...thanks!