It started off when I was trying to get ready. I was in the bathroom and Tanner was asleep in the basinet/pack n play, and Carson was playing with his trains. Then I hear a blood curdling cry come from Tanner. Not the I'm hungry cry, the if you don't rescue me I'm going to die, cry. I rush in to see that Carson had gotten into the pack n play (he unfortunately does that quite a bit no matter how many times I tell him no) and collapsed the basinet with Tanner still in it. Poor baby.
Next I'm getting everything ready to go to my doctors appointment. I wanted to go do some Christmas shopping at the mall afterwards so I wanted to bring my new double stroller. I could not get the double stroller to collapse so it would fold up into the trunk. I was so frustrated and had to forget about it or else I would be late. I got the kids into the car and drove to my doctors office and once we got there and I got Carson out of the car I realized that I had forgotten Carson's shoes and socks. So now I'm carrying him and the car seat (with Tanner in it) across a very large parking lot. My doctor just laughed and said its ok to feel overwhelmed. Gotcha.
Next I go to the mall, and since Carson has no shoes he has to go in the stroller and since I only have the single stroller I'm carrying Tanner in one arm and pushing Carson in the stroller with the other. Let me tell you its hard to navigate a stroller with just one arm. I went into Victoria Secret to buy some lipstick (because they were having a sale on their make-up) and after I buy my purchases I just threw my wallet into the stroller and left. I let Carson play in the playground and as I got settled I opened up my purse to put my wallet back in and realized Carson had stuffed 3 gift boxes from Victoria Secret into my purse. We had shoplifted. I rushed back to the store to return the items. The lady in the store thanked me and by this point I had had it and decided to do Christmas shopping another day and decided to leave. However Carson was not ready and had a meltdown while I tried to get him from the playground. Needless to say there was a lot of kicking and screaming while I got him back into the stroller and out of the mall.
It wasn't until that day that I realized having two kids is a lot more work, and although I was fuming, stressed, embarrassed, and overwhelmed by said events I realized this is probably going to be one of the many "one of those days" especially since I have two boys. So for now I can look back and laugh (or at least my mother-in-law can laugh it may take me just a little bit longer) plus it will make a great story for when Carson gets older and I can embarrass him in front of his friends or even better his Prom date, by telling them he shoplifted at Victoria Secret.
4 comments:
Sweet Em! I hear ya! It is a lot of work! But . . . just wait a little longer (because it happens fast) when they start playing together and entertaining each other it will be the sweetest music to your ear! Hang in there! Call if you ever need to talk. I have had 'those days . . ' love you! Can't wait to see you!!!
"Those" days are hard! I'm so sorry you had one, and unfortunately it may not be the only one. I find that telling Paul about my day and how incredibly ridiculous it was helps me see the humor in it. He's also pretty good at pointing out the humor in it as I tell the story! You're doing great! Carson is lucky to have such a patient mommy. We need to get together soon! We'll wear him out so he'll take a good nap for you :)
The last line of your post made me laugh out loud! I love that you found some humor in a crummy day- you're a good example!
It gets easier! Really! :) And before you know it they'll be shoplifting together! hahaha. I like reading posts like this, they make me feel more normal! hahaha. Good for you for laughing at it all!
Post a Comment