Brad got asked to go to Chili for a couple weeks to evaluate exposures. It was a huge honor to go since they rarely let people in his position go out of the county to other mines. When we found out that he was going to be leaving the week of Thanksgiving we decided that I would take the kids for two weeks and go up to Utah and have Thanksgiving with my family.
Looking back I realized that I haven't had Thanksgiving with my family in 8 years! The last Thanksgiving I had with the Murphy's was Brad and I's first Thanksgiving after we got married, because we moved to Arizona shortly after.
Carson was so excited to ride in a plane, and to play in the snow. He asked me if he could build a snowman, but then said melancholy "but mom, I don't know how to build a snowman." It was really cute, but unfortunately Utah didn't have any snow for him to build one. Maybe when we go up in December?
Here's Carson on the ride.
Allegiant now has flights from Mesa to Ogden. It was so nice! Smaller airports make it so much more easier to fly with a single mom and two kids!We went and visited Aunt Marilyn at work and got some free hot chocolate!
We went to the Church's History Museum. They have a children's learning activity section that Carson loved.
Carson's favorite part was fishing!
Thanksgiving
It was so nice to see family! I haven't seen some of my cousins in years, and Carson loved playing with my cousin Jenny's little boy Oliver.
Here's Tanner chowing down on his first real Thanksgiving dinner.
After dinner we went to a nearby park to play.
The Murphy cousins!
and of course it wouldn't be Thanksgiving unless you played some games.







1 comment:
Looks like fun! Can't wait to see you guys in a week!
Post a Comment