We stayed at this amazing hotel that was offering lots of family friendly activities for us to enjoy. They had a campfire set up to make s'mores! The boys loved it.
Our original plan was to go to Sea World our first day and then do the other touristy attractions the next, but that first day in San Antonio was FREEZING! 30 degree weather. We are not used to this type of cold so we thought we'd do Sea World on our second day which was supposed to be a lot warmer and did the downtown tourist scene instead.
Without realizing it we planned our trip on the day of the Alamo bowl game. Texas vs Oregon. So to say that downtown was crowded would be an understatement. We did get to see the Texas Longhorn mascot drive by...
If it hadn't been the bowl game I'm sure the Alamo wouldn't have been so busy, because I'm sure no one but us would dare be outside on such a cold day. Needless to say, it is one of Texas most popular attractions and all the people for the game came to look at this historical landmark.
The Alamo was a lot smaller then I was expecting, but the grounds where beautiful. It is definitely a sacred place to Texans. Next time we come I'd like to tour the other 5 missions in the area.
We also went on the Riverwalk. It was gorgeous, but I was a little disappointed that lining the river was just restaurants. I bet its even prettier in the spring/summer.
The next day (our Sea World day) we woke up and both Brad and I had flu like symptoms. So we just decided to go home and do Sea World another time. Not what we'd plan, but it was still fun to get out and explore a little bit more of Texas.





1 comment:
So sorry to hear you guys weren't feeling well. We'll have to go to Sea World sometime. We have our passes for the whole year.
Post a Comment