Thursday, January 16, 2014

Oh Carson!

We were driving in the car this weekend and here is the funny conversation that went down with Carson:
Cars: Did you know Heavenly Father answers our prayers?
Mom: Yes, I did
Cars: I'm going to say a prayer right now; "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless me that I can get a cat"
Mom: (turns to Brad and smiles)
a few minutes later
Cars: Mom, where is Jesus?  He is supposed to bring me a cat!
Mom: (shakes her head) Jesus is not like Santa Claus, Carson.  Jesus gives you blessings not gifts! (a longer discussion ensues)
Carson is at the age where he questions everything, always surprising me with what he does know, and remembers everything.  He is at such a impressionable age, and I love that he asks questions.  Even if they do catch me off guard or make me uncomfortable (he asked me the other day how the baby comes out of my tummy).  I realize even more now that he is paying careful attention and I need to watch my voice and actions, and be a great teacher, because he is like a little sponge that is soaking everything up.

No comments: