Thursday, January 22, 2015

Quilt


It took me almost a year, but I finished my big quilt!  I did this one start to finish, even doing the top quilt and binding (Logan's baby quilt I had professionally done).  I love how it turned out!  I really wanted to make a big cuddle quilt (its a little bit smaller then a queen size), because my favorite blanket/quilt we own is now ten years old and showing its age.  Its one that Brad and his friends made for us for our wedding.  Have I ever mentioned that before?  Yes, you heard me right.  It was a tradition with Brad's friends (put on by a mother of course) to get all the guy friends together to tie a quilt for the newlyweds.  Some type of bachelor party.  I think its a hoot, but really that blanket was one of my favorite wedding gifts.  Maybe a tradition I can carry on to my boys?  Anyway that quilt has had lots of love and after 10 years its starting to show a little wear and tear.

You really can't just buy a nice homemade quilt like that so after I saw a friend post a picture of one she made on instragram and how darling it looked I was determined to make my own.  Then another friend asked if I wanted to get together to make a quilt I knew it was meant to be.  So every week I'd go to Christine's house to cut fabric and start piecing this quilt together.  Then summer came and I had a baby and it got put on hold.  Then ladies in my ward started getting together to work on their quilts and it was just the motivation I needed to finish it (plus these ladies are professionals and know their stuff! It was nice to get their help!)

(love the gray backside!)

I really had so much fun making this!  I know its going to get lots of love and use. Plus it looks gorgeous in our living room.

1 comment:

Jay and Emily said...

It turned out beautiful Em!!! If you were closer I would have you help me finish mine from high school that I've never finished. The colors are perfect for your couch and pillows!