Wednesday, July 01, 2015

A month of visitors

To help with my after surgery recovery the 2nd time around we had a month long of helpers to take over as mom while I recovered.  It was a much needed blessing as I was debilitated with my drain and limited in movement with my arm for a few weeks, not to mention extremely tired.  

My mom came just a few days before my surgery and so Brad and I took advantage and went to see the newAvengers movie.  I came home to find them like this.
We were also able to attend Carson's school carnival, before I was out of commission.  Look at Tanner (orange shirt) being all brave!
bedtime stories
After my surgery my mom made this little bag for my drain for when I went out in public.
She was here for 2 & a half weeks and I couldn't have done it without her!  She really took over so I could recover.  Moms are the best like that.
The day my mom left we gained another visitor!  Our cousin Catherine and her kids came to play and visit!  Brian (her husband) was in San Antonio for a dental rotation and while out to visit him she broke away for a day or two to come see us!  We just love this family and it was so good to catch up with Catherine and meet their newest addition.
Aren't his cheeks just adorable?! Plus look at that hair.

Then Grandma Clark flew straight from her Disney world trip to come and help.  Here they are showing off their new Mickey Mouse shirts she brought them.
Now here in their Sunday best.

One of the things Brad really wanted to do with his mom while she was here was take her on a bike ride.
During much of Grandma's visit it was raining.  We even had a tropical storm (it barely hit us), but we were cooped up inside a lot of days and so we bought a new game.  Carson chose head banz and poor Grandma ended up playing this game a lot!
We were able to get out and go bowling, take the boys to pump it up, to the furniture store, and the zoo.


I'm so grateful for these wonderful women to give up their time to come help us!  The boys miss their grandmas and are asking when we can go to Utah.


No comments: