Saturday, December 01, 2018

Holiday Season

Don't you just love the holiday season?  You can't help, but not love it.  Yes it can get a little stressful with decorating, making sure you have all the presents, doing all the traditional Christmas activities, and planning around all the parties.  But overall all the buildup is worth it.  It helps make the holiday season last as long as it can. And we sure had a fun one this year.

Had my first favorite things party!  I loved it and hope this becomes a tradition.  For this party you bring 3 of your favorite things, and similar to a white elephant party, exchange your gifts.  It was fun to see/learn what some girls favorite things were, plus you come home with 3 awesome presents!


"Mom take my picture in front of big Santa!"
Our school had breakfast with Santa! Super fun.  Logan wrote a letter to Santa with mommy's help.  He's only asked for one thing this Christmas, more choo choo tracks.  He's pretty easy to please.



Santa "aka my Aunt Sherry and Uncle Matt" sends the boys a chocolate advent calendar.  The boys look forward to it every year!
I helped out at the boys winter party at school
while I was busy helping with games this is how Logan ended up.  Don't know how he was able to sleep through the chaos!  They were doing the bean bag toss right by his head!

Look who I ran into at Walmart!
Logan's Christmas party at preschool.  Decorating sugar cookies!
and after several years I finally caved and got an elf on the shelf.  The boys named him Buddy (after the movie Elf)  and they loved him and couldn't wait to look for him each morning.  Mostly Buddy just moved from spot to spot, but occasionally he did something fun.  This was one of the best!
When Buddy left on Christmas Eve Logan was completely devastated!  He kept asking for days for Buddy to come back.  Next year kid, next year.
This kid and his hot chocolate ☕
"Mom take my picture!"  Love this kid!  Wish the boys could stay like this!  Christmas is just so magical in their eyes!
Other Christmas activities not pictured: A girl neighborhood ornament exchange and a white elephant party where Brad and I won a female urinal (yep) and a people of Walmart coloring book.  Both prizes I'm sure will be regifted at a white elephant party next year 😉

No comments: