This is our new normal right now. I heard that saying the other day and I liked it. A lot of people are saying that quarantine is the new normal, which isn't true. Life will someday get back to normal, so instead this is our new normal right now. Not forever.
We've been issued a stay at home order so here's some pictures to show how we've been during quarantine:
Started making homemade bread! My neighbor let me borrow her stand mixer and I baked bread for the first time ever. It was delicious. I ended up finally buying my own mixer so I can bake more bread. Everyone loves the fresh bread! I also have been making lots of jam, because you have to have homemade jam to go with your homemade bread. It's amazing. Unfortunately I ran out of yeast and now you can't find it any of the stores, so I haven't been able to bake it the past few weeks.
Lots of trampoline time
We've been facetiming cousins more
Doing dot painting. Although the excitement of it wore off for the boys and I've been doing it.Did a backyard campout for scouts. They did a zoom flag ceremony with their troop, they've been super creative in trying to keep the boys active in scouts. The boys loved the tent and we ended up keeping the tent up for a week. The boys had fun, and Brad and I enjoyed that they would actually go to bed early!
Brad pulled out the 'ol razor to give the boys much needed haircuts. Brad hasn't cut their hair in a while. The kids like their hair longer on top so they've been getting it cut at a salon for the past while, but we couldn't wait any longer they were looking like rag muffins. Brad is now in need of one too, but he's not desperate enough to let me cut it.
See? Who are these boys? I hardly recognize them!
Brad's been non stop biking. He's training for Lotoja and riding all over the place. Last week he biked 86 miles to Surfside beach where I picked him up. Then the next weeked biked another 93 miles. Plus all the miles he's put on his trainer at home he biked over 200 miles in one week!
Logan doing some yoga with me:
although he fell asleep doing child's pose:
And most importantly we've been loving all this time together as a family. (I promise Tanner came with us he was just on his bike during our family walk and was further ahead when I took the picture)

















No comments:
Post a Comment