Saturday, July 29, 2023

BYU

My dad wanted to show the boys his old stomping grounds plus some family history down in Provo at BYU. My parents met at BYU, b but not only that my great grandfather was a famous Professor there and my dad wanted to show him his plaque. 
First up BYU’s University of Art







The building my Great grandfather was a professor in.
This deer literally walked right in front of us while we were looking at this building. I’ve never had a deer come up so close to me before without running away!

Next up we meet my aunts and uncles for lunch at the Brick Oven. It’s always nice to visit with family.

Across the street from the brick oven was the home my grandma grew up in. I unfortunately didn’t get a picture of it. Next up the plaque of my great grandfather. 
Vasco Tanner. This is the family name that obviously Tanner is named after. Vasco was a zoologist and discovered many new species. We have a bug of his that he discovered as almost our family mascot. It was cool to see this display of him up in the natural history museum.



 And we couldn’t end our trip to BYU without getting some ice cream at the BYU creamery. (Although I must say I prefer Aggie ice cream instead 😉) it was a fun day of seeing and learning about our family. 

No comments: