Wednesday, November 06, 2024

Mother Son Time

This month was full of special moments with my boys, and I’m grateful for the time we got to spend together.

I had the chance to go on a field trip with Tanner to the Houston Symphony. Let’s just say, riding a school bus packed with teenage boys was… memorable. The smell was something else, and Tanner made it clear he was way too cool to sit with Mom.  He mostly tried to pretend I wasn’t there, but that’s teenagers for you right? Once we arrived, the experience was fantastic. The Houston Symphony did an amazing job teaching the students about music and performing for them. The highlight was definitely when they played Jurassic Park, goosebumps!






Logan and I had our own fun night out at the Shafer Elementary Mother-Son Luau. We grabbed dinner beforehand, then headed to the school for lei-making, bounce houses, and lots of laughs. I loved getting one-on-one time with him and just being silly together.









Another proud moment came on Veterans Day. Logan and his Scout group were asked to participate in the school’s flag ceremony. It was such an honor to watch him take part in something so meaningful. The 5th grade choir sang patriotic songs in tribute to the veterans (family members of the kids at school) and it was a powerful reminder of the importance of service and community.



Grateful for the chance to show up for these little (and big) moments. šŸ’™



 

No comments: