Friday, October 01, 2010

North Shore and Surfing

North Shore is where all the surfer bums live. It has a Park City type vibe to it.
North shore is famous for their shaved ice. How can shaved ice be famous you ask? Well they put vanilla ice cream on the bottom and their ice shavings are thin so it soaks up all the juice. Mmmmm just thinking about is making me want one. We went there a few times on our trip needless to say.

Surfing
For Brads 30th birthday I had planned to go sky diving for his "last hurrah" before getting too old. Then we bought the tickets for Hawaii and I told Brad instead of sky diving HE could take surf lessons. Of course he wanted me to go and I was really hesitant. For everyone that knows me knows I'm not athletic. Not one bone in my body, and I thought that surfing would be really hard and that I would just fall over and over and that it was not going to be fun.

Lucky for me I was proved wrong. Surfing was AMAZING! Definitely the highlight of the trip, and I picked it up quite fast and did pretty well. We surfed for two hours, and by the end of the two hours I was done, but Brad went on for another hour and I just sat at the beach and snapped some pictures. I bet if we lived by the ocean Brad could easily become pro, and I could be decent.
After surfing I told Brad how fun it would be if Carson could be a little surfer dude, but alas no ocean in Arizona. Then how about skiing like his old man? Sadly, no snow either. Poor Carson he won't be able to do any cool stuff.

Brad surfing! And no that is not me I'm taking the picture


4 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

Em, it honestly looks like the BEST vacation! I am proud of you for surfing. I think I'm too scared to try it ... I have watched to many stories about surfers getting attacked by sharks! :) The Hawaiin Ice looks define!

Jenna said...

WOW! That's awesome! Way to try sometime new! I'm so glad you had such a fun time.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't have the red bean paste added to your Hawaiian shave ice. It's so tasty!! You have to go back and try some. When you do, take me and Sherry with you.

Uncle Matt

Jordan and Jenny Singleton said...

Man, you lucky ducks! Jordan and I will have to enjoy our tropical vacations vicariously through YOU guys! By the time med school is over and we have any dough, we'll be too old for such shananagins. ( : Haha! We miss you guys - hope you're doing well!