I mentioned earlier that Tanner would not take a bottle or sippy cup while we were in New Orleans and even after I got home he wouldn't nurse. After being home a week I was getting concerned. Summer is starting and he needs to stay hydrated. It was very upsetting and I was trying to do everything the internet said. I even called a lactation consultant to see if she could help, but she only told me things I already knew. So I took him to the pediatrician. She was very concerned. Although he was not dehydrated she was still worried that he didn't want to drink so she took some blood tests and a urine sample via catheter (it was the saddest thing ever!) To see if there was an underlying reason as to why he won't drink. All the tests came back normal and she said I just have one stubborn baby! Great.
Tanner is still his happy little self though and aside from drinking he's perfect!
His first Oreo cookie. Brad gave it to him (don't all dads?) He of course loved it.
Its now been 2 weeks since we've been home and we've gotten creative when it comes to keeping him hydrated. I pump and put the milk in his rice cereal, I've frozen my milk into popsicles which he LOVES, and we've been giving him watermelon. Then just today he took a sippy cup and gulped it down like he hadn't had anything to drink forever (which he hadn't). It was such a relief! He still won't nurse, and it was a little heartbreaking at first, but I've moved on and am now just happy he's drinking!


2 comments:
Love the goggle picture! Can't wait to let this little babies together to "play!"
I am glad he is drinking again! I love how you made a popsicle out of milk.
Post a Comment