We went for the weekend to see Venice. It truly is a magnificent city and just breathtaking! Outside of St. Marks square however, theres not much to do but take in its beauty. Venice is definitely a city that everyone must experience!
The famous Rialto Bridge
Venetian masks
Brad kept saying how weird it was that there were no cars. I loved it. But no cars mean no roads, and it is super easy to get lost! Venice is a city that when you go there you don't mind getting lost and meandering about, because each new corner is another pretty sight to take in.
One night we were at a spaghetti place eating dinner and I overheard the couple next to us (in Italy your tables are super close together almost as if your sharing it!) tell their waiter they were from SLC Utah. I then said to them that we grew up in Utah. Next thing I know Brad was asking the guy if he went to Mountain Crest High School and graduated in 98. His mouth dropped. Come to find out Brad went to high school with him. His name Jess Krannich. Small world! Here were are literally on the other side of the world in small cafe in Italy and we Brad runs into someone he went to high school with! We sat and talked with him and his wife for over an hour. Thats one nice thing about Europe too. They let you take your time with dinner. In fact they expect it. So it was nice to sit and chat without feeling rushed to get out.
We also did our laundry in Venice.
and oh I'm so heartbroken, I'll explain more what happened in another post, but my phone got stolen. Luckily most of our pictures where on the camera, but my cell phone had all of our selfie pictures. The few I do have are the ones I had posted onto Instagram. At the time I didn't want to bombard everyones Instagram with my trip pictures, but now I wish I had posted more. Especially of Venice.





No comments:
Post a Comment