Saturday, July 06, 2019

Houston 2018-2019 Broadway Season

The end of summer also meant the end of our broadway season tickets. We had such a fun time this year going almost every month to a new show!  It became our favorite date night.  So much so that for my birthday this year Brad got next years season pass.

We unfortunately had to miss the very first play of the season and the one I was looking forward to the most, Les Miserable.  It was when we were in DisneyWorld and Les Mis was only in town for only that one week.  Such bad timing. We heard the actors were amazing so it was a bummer.  

Here's the ones we did make it too:
💜
this one was on my birthday weekend!
and this one surprisingly ended up being my favorite.  It's a cross between Clue and the Monty Python.  It was SO hilarious!!

Brad and I and Carson and Tanner fought over who got to go to this one.  I promised that whoever got to go to Aladdin the other could go next year to the family one which happens to be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Tanner was generous to let Carson go this time, even though he still would have preferred this one over the Chocolate Factory.  Father and son had a wonderful guys night and said the genie and the staging was amazing.  Sad I didn't see it but happy that they had a great time.

Rent. I was really looking forward to this one.  It is one of the most popular plays and although I didn't know about the play itself before going, I knew one of the songs and loved it.  Plus it was their 25th anniversary tour, it had to be good right? However this ended up being the play I liked the least.  It was so confusing!! Even the good signing couldn't make up for it.  As I overheard someone else say during the intermission (where so many people walked out like deer in headlights like us) she said "there are Rent fans and there are Les Mis fans, I'm a Les Mis fan" and I completely agree with her!  Rent was not my cup of tea!  Also I have to say, I had what a girl, who to me looked like model, come up to me and told me how beautiful I looked and that the yellow dress really complimented me!  Totally made my night!

Loved 2018-2019 season and can't wait for next season to begin!  There's going to be some good ones such as Dear Evan Hansen, Come from Away, Fiddler on the Roof, Cats and my absolute favorite HAMILTON is back!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I too am not a fan of Rent. It was here too and just wasn't a great show. I am SO envious of the fact that you get Come From Away next season! I went 3 times the week it was here. We have Miss Saigon kicking off our season next week!