We sent Carson off on his first week long summer boy scout camp! This year they wanted to "stick close to home" so they went to Buffalo Trail Scout Camp in West Texas somewhat close to El Paseo, an 8 hour drive! Carson left early on Fathers day morning and was so excited!
and sorry for the blurriness of this picture, it was dark so this is what I got
gearing up ready to go!
Picture from on the road!
They made it! And also on the hottest day on record. 113 degrees! Yikes!
When I went to pick Carson up after camp, his scoutmaster pulled me aside and told me that on Carson's first day a fellow camper sitting next to Carson threw up in the lunch hall. He said what happened next was like from that scene from the movie Stand By Me. Carson started looking sick so they all told Carson to hurry and run outside, however Carson did not make it and also threw up. He said it was a chain reaction of everyone throwing up due to the first person to throw up.
I think about half the pictures of Carson he's drinking.
Hawaiian shirt day
Carson with the best scout master ever (in the blue)!
Carson had a blast! Although I was disappointed that 2 of the courses we signed up for were not merit badge classes but "activities". And they weren't able to earn their astrology merit badge due to cloudy weather. So out of the 6 merit badges I thought he was going to earn, he only got 3 😞. Oh well, it's about the experience right? He earned his Archery, Environmental Science, and Horsemanship merit badges. Carson also did Cowboy in Action, and Snorkeling.
More to come in the next post!




























No comments:
Post a Comment