Saturday, December 17, 2022

I ❤️NYC: 9/11 and the Brooklyn Bridge

Somber morning at the 9/11 museum.  Hardly any pictures taken, just learning, understanding and paying our respects.  It was difficult talking to Logan about this.  He didn't quite understand, and even though all my children knew about 9/11 it's very different to actually see where it happened and see the videos of that day and to see the faces that goes to all of those names.
I'm amazed that it has been 20 years.  It didn't seem that long ago, and yet going through the museum and seeing some of the artifacts like fax machines, telephones, floppy discs that my children have no clue what they are, then I feel dated.  The museum really has done a wonderful and respectful job to remember the people and moments of that day.  It was such a teachable day and I'm thankful that I was able to have that with my children.  It was also a good way to show and tell them the reverberating impact that this historic day still has to our country.  




The new World One building

For lunch we stopped at Katzs.  It's super popular and famous for being in quite a few movies and tv shows.  One of the most recognizable scenes is Meg Ryan in the scene of When Harry Met Sally.  The line is crazy long, but we were in it to win it.  And it actually didn't take too long to wait, maybe 45 minutes.  

but omg it was worth the wait!  It was by far the best reuben I have had in my life.  My mom would be in heaven.
and since we were in the area we had to stop and see the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, and what a beautiful time of day to go with the sun setting!














Next up Wall Street!





you go girl
crazy busy to get a picture with the bull!  We just snapped a picture and called it good.

and seeing the NYC fire truck decorated with Christmas lights was just the cherry on top! 

Speaking of cherry on top, when I went to NYC with a friend a few years ago we went to Black Top and got these amazing milkshakes.  I knew my kids would love it and it would be a great way to end the night. I think their smiles say it all.





No comments: