Wednesday, December 14, 2022

I ❤️NYC: Empire State Building

This year for our family vacation we thought it would be fun to experience NYC at Christmas time! So we took the boys out of school a couple days early to start our Christmas break.

the first thing we did after we got off the plane and into the city was to enjoy a classic New York style pizza.  It did not disappoint.


and also what better way to experience NYC then to see Times Square?

To kill some time before our tour of the Empire State Building we stopped and looked at the infamous Macy's Christmas window display.






Any elevator we got on in New York, Logan tried to be like Buddy the Elf (when he stretches his legs out long) but it seemed most appropriate when he did it at the old Macy's elevator to get to Santa's workshop (which you had to pay and have a reservation to get in Santa's workshop so we didn't get to see it).

Next up, the Empire State Building:






I mean what a view!



and you couldn't have asked for a more perfect time to go when the sun was just starting to set 😍




We look red in the picture due to the heat lamps that they have on the building, but its such a gorgeous view at night, I could not NOT take a picture.


its been a long first day

For dinner we made it to Stardust dinner, a restaurant near broadway that has inspiring actors/actresses as waiters.  The staff routinely breaks into broadway songs and it was so fun to have dinner and a show! 

The time that our waitress sang a little solo to Carson and he wasn't having it.  To take a line from Ted Lasso "I never know how to act when a grown woman sings in front of me"


It was a great first day and I can't wait to see more of the city!

No comments: