Sunday, December 18, 2022

I ❤️NYC: Statue of Liberty

Our last full day in NYC. You can’t have your kids go to NYC for the first time and not see the Statue of Liberty 🗽 I think that would be blasphemous. It was a beautiful sunny day (although a little cold and windy) perfect day to visit Lady Liberty.

There she is!



On liberty island with the view of the city behind us. Got our audio tour and we’re ready to start! I loved and appreciated that they had a kids version of the audio tour. Made it  much more fun and enjoyable for the kids to learn!


Isn’t she a beauty?





Onto the inside portion of the audio tour! Logan says he doesn’t like this stuff, but he secretly does. He had to see and listen to every like thing in the museum. He kept confusing the Statue of Liberty with the Eiffel Tower, and in the museum we learned that the bones of Lady Liberty is actually a mini Eiffel Tower! We told Logan he was actually just really smart that he already knew that.
An up close and personal view (and actual size) of her face.
The original torch!

On our way to Ellis Island

 Ellis Island. Not as fun of a museum for kids, but still has a fascinating history.

On the outside I had the kids try to find my great grandparents name on the memorial wall. Tanner found him first. I’m so thankful for Ellis Island as it was how my great grandparents met and started their new life in America. First in Brooklyn New York before they made their way to Utah and far away from Nazi occupied Germany.
Coming back to the city. Can’t get enough of that city skyline.

Since it was our last day we tried to squeeze in some last minute things we wanted to see and do before we left. I felt like we didn’t get enough time in Central Park since we were just cutting through to get to the art museum for our scheduled ticket time, so we went back to really get a better opportunity to explore and enjoy Central Park.

But first up we had to stop and see the infamous Plaza Hotel for this Home Alone loving boy.
Every spot that he recognized from the movie he’d want a picture and would pull this face 🤣I love him.

The boys loved climbing on these rocks!


IYKYK 🪶 


I can see why so many people love this city.


On our way back in the subway. She said she was giving back for the holiday time (which makes me wonder if she normally gets paid for her voice) It was seriously like an amazing concert. 
But before we head home, I had to go to Rockefeller plaza one last time.



It was the perfect way to say goodbye.


Till next time!




No comments: