One of the highlights of Amsterdam was visiting the historic town Zaandam. It is such an enchanting little village with its iconic windmills, against the backdrop of the Dutch countryside. I literally felt as though I walked into a Monet painting (not surprising as I later learned that Monet lived there for about a year so I’m sure he was highly inspired from there). The only thing that could have made this even more majestic is if it was tulip season. Gah! I can’t even imagine. It would be breathtaking.

When I took this picture I was literally thinking that this looks like painting I could find at my grandpa’s house.


Everything just felt so serene. Being in the countryside away from the city you just walk a little slower and just enjoy nature’s beauty.
I felt like I was in a scene straight out of a fairytale storybook. The windmills, were so majestic and from a bygone area you can’t help but feel in awe.
See fairytale village!
Experiencing the Dutch countryside was a highlight I was really hoping to fit into our itinerary, and I’m thrilled that we managed to do so! The beauty of the windmills set along the canals left a lasting impression, and given Brad’s Dutch lineage, it was particularly meaningful to learn about the history and traditions of the Dutch people and in this quaint little village. It was so memorable.




















No comments:
Post a Comment