Our first morning in Paris was such a stunning one! You’d think Brad and I woke up extremely early to watch the sunrise over the Eiffel Tower, but no—it was actually 8:45 am! It only looks like we were up at the crack of dawn. We tried to find a café to grab a bite to eat before our Eiffel Tower tour, but the city of Paris doesn’t wake up until 9. So we were out of luck breakfast wise, but it worked out because it allowed us to enjoy this majestic view in the quiet morning light.
The spot we were at is normally bustling with tourists, but there was hardly anyone there this “early” expect for a model doing couture model shoot. It felt like we had the place to ourselves to just take in the sight.
I did find some teenage girls and asked them to take some pictures of us, and they also snapped this video. Getting teenage girls to take pictures is the best!
Now onto the tour! Our tour guide was hilarious! I mean literally he does stand up comedy on the side. His tour of the tower was a highlight of the trip!
Built in 1887-1889 for the World fair to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution . It was only meant to be temporary and then taken down after the fair, but was saved due to its utility as a giant radio antenna. And then the French came to love it as a an enduring symbol of French artistry and engineering prowess.
Engraved around the Eiffel Tower are the names of 72 engineers, scientists, and mathematicians just below the first balcony. Our guide told us that there should have been one more, a woman who helped contribute greatly but her name was left out because…she was a woman.
Did you know that originally the Eiffel Tower was painted red? The Parisians hated it and it evolved to a more copper brown. To maintain its color and to prevent rust, it is repainted every 7 years. We happened to be there when it was under construction and getting a new paint job. I’m sure to be ready for the 2024 summer Olympics which is happening in Paris in just a couple more months.
Look who I found at the top of the Eiffel Tower!
Such stunning views from the top:
There’s even some glass floors to look down below.
I have to say as cliché as it is, I just about fell in love with the Eiffel Tower. It and its grounds are so beautiful. So we of course had to visit it again at night.
Back to the same spot that we were at that morning. I just had to watch it twinkle.
Beautiful light display at the top of every hour.
I had meant to just take a selfie of us kissing but it ended up being a video. Happy accident.
it is dang hard to capture a selfie kissing! But here’s to my love and a romantic evening in Paris!




























No comments:
Post a Comment