Our first night in Paris was enchanting! Once we arrived I couldn’t wait to start exploring. We wandered through the streets, soaking in the city’s beauty. Our hotel, located in the Madeleine district near the Haussmann shopping area and the Paris Opera House, provided the perfect starting point. As we strolled along Haussmann Boulevard, we were captivated by the stunning Christmas display windows.

Then we wondered into the Louvre Palaces courtyard, and I must say it was truly breathtaking. I actually wasn’t expecting to be at the Louvre when we walked into the courtyard (we came in through the back and I thought we still had a few more blocks to go) so when I saw the pyramid I truly can say it took my breath away. Being in a new city on vacation and seeing one of the most iconic sites is such a euphoric moment.
The Louvre Palace, was originally a medieval fortress built in the late 12th century and is magnificent! A perfect example of French Renaissance and classical architecture.
The juxtaposition of the modern glass pyramid with the classical architecture of the Palace is just the chefs kiss. It really is a beautiful blend of the old and new, Parisian culture and architectural innovation. It’s simply breathtaking.
Also a big thank you to my stylish sil Sasha for letting me borrow her beautiful coat! I needed some style while in one of the fashion capitals of the world!
(This picture was taken during this nighttime excursion I don’t know why it looks so much brighter then the other pictures)
The Louvre Palace’s most iconic modern addition is the glass pyramid entrance in 1989. The pyramid allows natural light into the museum creating an inviting and open space, and just glows at night. This along with the Eiffel Tower makes Paris definitely deserving of one of its nicknames; the city of light.
(That’s Brads silhouette)
Looking into the lobby of the museum from above.
Statue of Louis XIV
Jardin des Tuileries (a garden next to the Louvre)






















No comments:
Post a Comment